MJ Changes the World of Videos: Top 5 Favorite MJ Videos
click on pics to watch videos
Michael Jackson changes the world of videos when he debuted the video for his hit single “Thriller” back in 1982. Thriller was the first video like film to last approximately 15 minutes long. In addition to the success of the video, the album Thriller is the worlds biggest selling album of all time.
Here are the top 5 Michael Jackson videos that pushed the barriers of video making and budget:
Michael Jackson breaks world records and listed in the Guinness Book of World Records many times.
Guinness Book of World Records Info from MJs Myspace Blog:
Biggest-selling Album Ever
The best-selling album of all time is Thriller by Michael Jackson (USA), with global sales of over 51 million copies to date since 1982. The success of the album also helped Jackson win a record eight Grammy Awards in 1984.
Other Guinness Record titles held by Michael:
Longest Music Video
Michael Jackson's part feature film, part music video, Ghosts (USA, 1996), is 35 min long and was based on an original concept by horror writer Stephen King. Jackson plays five different roles in the video, directed by Stan Winston.
Most Valuable Sculpture By A Living Artist
Michael Jackson and Bubbles, a porcelain sculpture created by the artist Jeff Koons in 1988 sold for $5,616,750 at Sotheby's in New York on May 15, 2001. The piece measures 106.7 x 179.1 x 82.6 cm (42 x 70.5 x 32.5 in) and is described as a mix of pop culture and high art. The sculpture shows Michael Jackson reclining with his arm around his pet monkey.
Most Grammy Awards Won In A Year By A Person
At the 26th Annual Grammy Awards in 1984 Michael Jackson won eight Grammy awards, which included Best Male Rock Vocal Performance for "Beat It," Record Of The Year with "Beat It," and Album of The Year with Thriller.
Most Valuable Oscar
David O Selznick's 1940 Best Film Oscar for Gone With The Wind (USA, 1939) was bought by the singer, Michael Jackson, for $1,542,000 on June 12, 1999, at Sotheby's, New York. The pop star made his bid by phone.
Guinness Book of World Records 1986
Largest Ever Endorsement For Product Promotion - $15 million for Pepsi
Guinness Book Of World Records 1993
Lifetime Achievement Award
Greatest Distance Moon-walked in One Hour
Adam Hall of San Francisco, California, was over the moon after moon-walking through the backstreets of Denver, Colorado, for a distance of 2.41 km (1.5 miles) in one hour on October 22, 2002. A "moonwalk support crew" shadowed 25-year-old Adam in an automobile, measuring his distance with an odometer.
The record-setting walk formed part of a longer "Moonwalk for Earth" relay with Ramsey Brookhart (USA) and Joshua Dodd (USA), an attempt to raise awareness of renewable forms of energy. "We live under this brown cloud," said Hall, "and people don't seem to understand how much of that comes from burning coal to provide electricity. We want people to know that there are other ways to make electricity."
The Moonwalk is the creation of pop king Michael Jackson. He first electrified audiences with the incredible backwards glide on May 16, 1983, during a performance of "Billie Jean" on Motown’s 25th Anniversary Special TV broadcast.
**Michael Jackson albums in the top 9 spots on Billboard charts even knocking out the Black Eyed Peas of the #1 spot which they held for over 9 weeks.
This Is It, The Last Curtain Call
A picture speaks a thousands words. On June 23rd Michael Jackson rehearsed for the last time before his sudden and tragic death on June 25th at his home in California. Not knowing how nostalgic the title of his final concert would be “This Is It” the King of Pop showcased why he is considered the worlds most famous entertainer ever. MJ’s performance was so strong and on point that you would have never known that the icon had been away from the stage for some years.
Watch and enjoy the master at work and in his element- Michael Jackson the King of Pop.
Michael Jackson's Death Shocks the World
As details of Michael Jackson's tragic and untimely death continue to come to light, His fans begin to morn his death as the shock intensifies. At 2:26 p.m. on June 25th the world would never be the same because we lost our King of Pop, the man who made it cool to do the moon walk.
Just hours after his death more speculations begin to over shine the man who at one time used to hang on my wall because he was my ideal and pop star crush. Police immediately began a search of MJ’s rental home to investigate if drugs could have been the cause of his untimely death.
According to reports police have began a search for Jackson's personal physician, who was living with the troubled pop star and gave him daily injections of Demerol which very powerful morphine-like pain killer which is prescribed for severe pain. The doctor has since returned to L.A. and is now speaking with police.
Michael Jackson's family and close friends are reported of saying it may have been his daily injections of Demerol that led to his death.
Had our King of Pop become addicted to these pain killers which may be the cause of his death? We will have to wait for the toxicology report which is now being reported that the results of Michael Jackson's autopsy will NOT be available today as previously suggested. Due to the allegations of a drug overdose, a toxicology test is being performed and the results of those procedures will not be available for six to eight weeks
More about MJ’s death and what other celebrities had to say from EUR Web:
TMZ is reporting that "close friend" of the Jackson family said the deceased superstar was receiving daily injections a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine -- Demerol -- and yesterday he received a shot at 11:30 AM.
Family members are saying the dosage was "too much" and that's what caused his death. *Speculation has already begun as to what killed the 50-year-old "King of Pop" just weeks before a long-awaited series of comeback concerts.
In an interview Lieutenant Brian Elias of the coroner’s office told Reuters a conclusive autopsy can take one to two weeks or up to six to eight weeks. “We look at anything from the circumstances at the scene of death to medical history, medications and such.” Those tests will determine if Jackson had any drugs, alcohol or prescription medications in his system.
Earlier we reported ...
*Michael Jackson, the child singing prodigy who became the single most famous entertainer in the world, died Thursday afternoon at the age of 50 after suffering cardiac arrest at his Bel Air home. Jackson had been in Los Angeles rehearsing for a 50-date comeback tour set to start within weeks at London's O2 arena. He went into cardiac arrest at about 12:30 p.m. PST at the home he was renting in the Holmby Hills area of Los Angeles. He was not breathing when paramedics arrived, according to reports. The singer was transported to UCLA Medical Center with paramedics administering CPR throughout the approximately 7-minute ride. "Entertainment Tonight" has what is perhaps the last photo taken of Jackson, as he was being placed in an ambulance. Click here to view: http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/06/75724/
A source inside the hospital told TMZ.com there was "absolute chaos" after Jackson arrived, as people who were with the singer were screaming, "You've got to save him! You've got to save him!" He was pronounced dead at the hospital at 2:26 p.m. PST, announced Lt. Fred Corral of the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner's office.
He leaves behind his mother Katherine, father Joe, brothers Jackie, Marlon, Tito, Jermaine and Randy; and sisters Rebbie, LaToya and Janet. Jackson is also survived by three children - Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.
In a statement to reporters at UCLA Medical Center, here's what Jermaine Jackson had to say about the death of his brother:
"His personal physician, who was with him at the time, attempted to resuscitate my brother, as did paramedics who transported him to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. Upon arriving at the hospital at approximately 1:14 p.m., a team of highly skilled doctors, including emergency physicians and cardiologists, attempted to resuscitate him for a period of more than one hour but were unsuccessful. Our family requests that the media respect our privacy during this tragic period of time." Crowds of hundreds had already been gathering at the hospital and were playing his music and keeping vigil while cable news channels and media outlets were reporting conflicting accounts of his medical status. TMZ.com was the first to report of his death based on sources. Their posting went up at 5:20 p.m. EST, several minutes earlier than his reported time of death. By the time news of Jackson's passing was being confirmed by the Los Angeles Times and CBS News, radio stations had ditched their normal playlists to play Jackson's songs, celebrities had taken to Twitter to express their thoughts, BET's "106 & Park" audience was in tears and MTV was airing the entire 13 min 41 sec "Thriller" video in his memory. An Associated Press reporter who happened to be in New York's Times Square's said there was a noticeable "loud moan" reaction when the Jumbotron announced that Jackson was confirmed dead.
TMZ reported that Elton John was in the midst of his annual "White Tie and Tiara Ball" when he was informed of Jackson's death. He reportedly dedicated his song "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" to Michael, as guests Liz Hurley, Hugh Grant, Lily Allen, and Kelly Osbourne looked on.
Rev. Al Sharpton stepped outside of the Apollo Theater in Harlem to talk about Jackson's legacy. Above him, the venue's world iconic marquee was changed to mark Jackson's death. Behind him, a crowd of several hundred had gathered.
"Incredible Hulk" star Lou Ferrigno, recently Michael's trainer for his upcoming tour, and his wife, Carla, were both distraught upon hearing the sad news. Carla, crying, told TMZ: "He was so great and we all loved him. Lou can't even form words right now -- he's in total shock ... he thought he was going to be training Michael tomorrow. He was planning on flying back to Los Angeles to do it. He's very shocked right now. Michael was so cute and sweet -- he didn't deserve this."
MiJac's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame had been covered up most of the day Thursday by red carpet in preparation for the premiere of Sasha Baron Cohen's new movie "Bruno," so fans began leaving flowers at the star belonging to British talk show host Michael Jackson.
Debbie Rowe, the mother of two of Jackson's three kids, was said to be "inconsolable" according to TMZ. The Web site noted that she gave up all parental rights to the two children -- Paris and Michael Jr. Therefore she is not legally in line to take custody. The following statements have been released regarding Jackson's death:
• Quincy Jones, who produced Jackson's legendary "Thriller" album: "I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news. For Michael to be taken away from us so suddenly at such a young age, I just don't have the words. Divinity brought our souls together on The Wiz and allowed us to do what we were able to throughout the 80's. To this day, the music we created together on "Off The Wall," 'Thriller" and "Bad" is played in every corner of the world and the reason for that is because he had it all...talent, grace, professionalism and dedication. He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever. I've lost my little brother today, and part of my soul has gone with him."
• Jackson's former publicist Michael Levine: "As someone who served as Michael Jackson's publicist during the 1st child molestation incident, I must confess I am not surprised by today's tragic news. Michael has been on an impossibly difficult and often self-destructive journey for years. His talent was unquestionable but so too was his discomfort with the norms of the world. A human simply can not withstand this level of prolonged stress.'
• Longtime friend Liza Minnelli: "He was a kind, genuine, and wonderful man. He was also one of the greatest entertainers that ever lived. I loved him very much and I will miss him every remaining day of my life."
• The Recording Academy CEO/President Neil Portnow: "Rarely has the world received a gift with the magnitude of artistry, talent and vision as Michael Jackson. He was a true musical icon whose identifiable voice, innovative dance moves, stunning musical versatility and sheer star power carried him from childhood to worldwide claim. A 13-time Grammy recipient, Michael's career transcends musical and cultural genres, and his contributions will always keep him in our hearts and memories. We are deeply saddened by this tragic news, and our hearts go out to his family and to music lovers around the globe who mourn this great loss."
• Reverend Al Sharpton: A friend of Michael’s for the last 35 years, I call on people around the world to pray for him and his family in the hour. I have known Michael since we were both teens, worked with him, marched for him, hosted him at our House of Justice headquarters in New York, and we joined together to eulogize our mutual idol, James Brown. I have known him at his high moments and his low moments and I know he would want us to pray for his family.
• Dick Clark, host of the old "American Bandstand": "I knew Michael as a child and watched him grow over the years. Of all the thousands of entertainers I have worked with, Michael was THE most outstanding. Many have tried and will try to copy him, but his talent will never be matched."
• Russell Simmons: "Michael Jackson was my generation's most iconic cultural hero. Courageous, unique and incredibly talented. He'll be missed greatly."
• California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger: "Michael was a pop phenomenon who never stopped pushing the envelope of creativity. Though there were serious questions about his personal life, Michael was undoubtedly a great entertainer and his popularity spanned generations and the globe."
• Dionne Warwick, singer and Jackson's friend: "We have lost an icon in our industry and my heartfelt condolences go out to his family and children in this hour of sorrow that they are now going through. He will live on in my memory and most definitely through the music he shared with so many."
• Madonna: "I can't stop crying over the sad news. I have always admired Michael Jackson. The world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever! My heart goes out to his three children and other members of his family. God bless."
• Lisa Marie Presley, who was briefly married to Jackson in the mid-1990s: "I am so very sad and confused with every emotion possible. I am heartbroken for his children, who I know were everything to him, and for his family. This is such a massive loss on so many levels, words fail me."
• Brooke Shields, who briefly dated Jackson: "My heart is overcome with sadness for the devastating loss of my true friend Michael. He was an extraordinary friend, artist and contributor to the world. I join his family and his fans in celebrating his incredible life and mourning his untimely passing."
• Gary, Ind., Mayor Rudy Clay: "Michael Jackson was born in Gary, Indiana, and our hearts are heavy, heavy here. Michael Jackson was the world's greatest entertainer but more than that, he was a great humanitarian and a great, humble individual. The people of Gary, our hearts are full of tears because of the loss of Michael Jackson."
• Elizabeth Taylor, one of Jackson's closest and longstanding friends, was "too devastated" to issue a statement, her rep tells People.com She rushed to the singer's side at UCLA Medical Center when she was called Thursday about his grave condition.
• John Mayer: Dazed in the studio. A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us. RIP MJ. I think we'll mourn his loss as well as the loss of ourselves as children listening to Thriller on the record player.
• Miley Cyrus: michael jackson was my inspiration. love and blessings
• Ludacris: If it were not for Micheal Jackson I would not be where or who I am today.His Music and Legacy will live on Forever.Prayers to the famR.I.P.
• MC Hammer: I have no words.. I loved Michael Jackson.. RIP.. [A second tweet stated., "I will be mourning my friend, brother, mentor and inspiration... He gave me and my family hope. I would never have been without him."]
• Kelly Rowland: Michael you left such a legacy on this earth, have touched SO MANY!!! We thank you for such a driving inspiration in music & our lives!! This has got to be one of the saddest days in music history!! Michael Rest In Peace! WE miss you!
• Demi Moore: "I am greatly saddened for the loss of both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Especially for their children!"
• Ashton Kutcher:"Pray for his kids."
• Wyclef Jean: "he lives forever in my heart i will never forget the day he came to see me in the studio and i played him music... R i p to Michael Jackson my music god ... Some lost Elvis Presley and we lost Michael Jackson... I cried today because Michael Jackson was a Father that we all lost!"
R.I.P. Michael Jackson “King of Pop” You will be truly missed and Always Remembered. - SayWhatNews Family
Life After Death: Michael Jackson's Record Sells Increase 1735%
Life after death: Michael Jackson's music is on the road to breaking more records.
After his record-breaking chart week, the late Michael Jackson will continue to shake up the charts next week, too. According to SoundScan's Building Chart data, more than 110,000 Jackson albums were purchased during the first two days of the new tracking week (June 29-30).
Billboard estimates that the seven merchants that report to Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart -- Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, Borders, Target and Anderson Merchandisers -- make up about 60% of all U.S. album sales. Nielsen SoundScan's sales tracking week runs from Monday through Sunday of each week.
"Thriller" was his top seller in those two days, shifting 44,000 copies, while "The Essential Michael Jackson" and "Number Ones" were his second and third-best sellers.
With those kinds of preliminary numbers already racked up, Jackson may yet again dominate Billboard's Top Comprehensive Albums and Top Pop Catalog Albums charts.
Farewell To A Living Icon: Michael Jackson 1958-2009
Farewell to our King of Pop who was bigger than life. The World will come together on July 7th and say Good-Bye to a living legend who has entertained and mesmerized us for over 45 years. With his charm and twinkling smile Michael Jackson has crossed racial boundaries that no other entertainer has ever had. His music had no color, he made it for all his fans no matter the color, religion or sex. Michael Jackson not only was an musician he was a humanitarian who wanted to change the world and make it a better place. No one will ever be able to duplicate or take the place of our Michael. May you now be at peace and continue to make music in the heavens.
*The Michael Jackson Public Memorial Service will take place on Tuesday, July 7, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. at STAPLES Center in downtown Los Angeles, California. Limited tickets will be given to those who are picked in a lottery (over 500 million fans registered to try to win tickets). Those who are unable to attend the memorial in person can watch it via TV and the internet.